Compassionate Guidance On Family Legal Issues
Attorney Wieler was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut and raised on the shoreline in Branford, Connecticut. She attended Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield, Massachusetts and graduated from there in 1982. She received her B.A. in English and Economics from Connecticut College in New London, Connecticut in 1986 and her J.D., cum laude, from Vermont Law School in South Royalton, Vermont in 1991. She attended the University of New Haven's Masters in Tax program in 2014.
She practiced in Vermont in the early 1990’s and returned to Connecticut in 1994 where she joined the firm of Fazzone & Baillie LLC in Cheshire. She served as the firm’s litigator, handling all areas of civil litigation and family matters. In 1998 she opened the Law Offices of Martha Anne Wieler in Branford where she began to focus her practice on matrimonial and family matters throughout Connecticut.
In 2006 the firm of Welty Esposito & Wieler LLC was founded. Attorney Wieler continues to focus her practice primarily on family matters throughout the state, including prenuptial and post nuptial agreements, dissolution actions, custody, support and post judgment issues. She acts as a mediator and serves as a Special Master in pending family cases in New Haven, Milford and Middletown. She also practices Bankruptcy Law in the Federal Court in New Haven.
Attorney Wieler attended the Masters of Taxation program at the University of New Haven. She is also an adjunct professor at University of New Haven where she teaches Family Law.
She is a member of the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association and the New Haven County Bar Association.
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1986
- Major: English
- Major: Economics
- Northfield Mount Hermon School, Gill, Massachusetts
- University of New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut
Classes & Seminars
- Family Law, University of New Haven, 2013
- Taxation for Family Law, New Haven County Bar, 2015
- Child Support for Paralegals, Half Moon Seminars, 2012
- Fazzone & Baillie LLC, Associate, 1995 to 1998
- Law Offices of Martha Anne Wieler, Owner, 1998 to 2006
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 1995 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1991 to Present
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member, 1995 to Present
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), Member, 2010 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Partner at Welty Esposito & Wieler LLC
- Family Law
- Custody and Child Support
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- High Asset Property Division
- Post-Judgment Divorce
- U.S. District Court District of Vermont, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1995
- Vermont, 1991
- Connecticut, 1995